2016 Kia Soul 2016 Kia Sportage 2017 Kia Sportage J.D. Power
J.D. Power conducts an initial quality study every year which asks new car owners and lessees if any issues have cropped up in the first 90 days with their brand-new vehicle. This determines the annual results, and the findings of the 2016 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study show:
- 2016 Kia Soul: “Highest Ranked Compact Multi-Purpose Vehicle in Initial Quality” by J.D. Power*
- 2016 Kia Sportage: “Highest Ranked Small SUV in Initial Quality” by J.D. Power**
|2016 Kia Soul||2017 Kia Sportage|
|24, 31||MPG (city, highway)||23, 30|
|61.3||Cargo Room (cubic feet)||60.1|
|3: Base, Plus (+), Exclaim (!)||Trim Levels||3: LX, EX, SX Turbo|
|Yes||2016 IIHS Top Safety Pick?||Yes|
|Available Nappa Leather seat trim, speaker mood lights||Additional Features||Available smart power liftgate, autonomous emergency braking|
Find a Versatile, Next-Level Crossover – Soul or Sportage - in Wichita Falls TX
Intrigued yet? Here’s some additional tantalizing technical tidbits for the 2017 Sportage and the 2016 Soul.
2017 Kia Sportage:
- 181 base HP, 240 HP in SX Turbo trim.
- Tows up to 2,000 pounds, superior to small SUV competition.
- Nice handling with sedan-like 34.8-foot turning circle.
- 130 base HP, 164 HP in Exclaim trim.
- Awards include: Best Compact Car for Families by U.S. News & World Report, named one of the 10 Coolest Cars Under $18,000 by Kelley Blue Book KBB.com.
- Plenty of bold color options, with choices including Alien2, Solar Yellow, Inferno Red, many more.
*Disclaimer: The Kia Soul received the lowest number of problems per 100 vehicles among compact MPVs in the J.D. Power 2015-2016 Initial Quality Study. 2016 study based on 80,157 total responses, evaluating 245 models, and measures the opinions of new 2016 vehicle owners after 90 days of ownership, surveyed in February-May 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com
**Disclaimer: The Kia Sportage received the lowest number of problems per 100 vehicles among small SUVs in the J.D. Power 2016 Initial Quality Study, based on 80,157 total responses, evaluating 245 models, and measures the opinions of new 2016 vehicle owners after 90 days of ownership, surveyed in February-May 2016. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com